If you asked me to write down a list of skills that I have, cooking would be so far down on the list that it might actually be off of the list entirely. The fact that I've even sat down to write a blog post about how to cook things is blowing my mind. But one of my goals for 2018 was to make myself breakfast more rather than buying a bagel or croissant on my way to work. The act of making breakfast and sitting down to eat it in the morning gets my mind ready for the day. Since I know I'm not a culinary expert I decided to keep things as simple as possible and learn to master a few quick and easy dishes. These are nothing revolutionary but I love the fact that I have a few go-to options when it comes to breakfast.
1. Pop two slices of bread in the toaster.
2. Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the insides.
3. Place these in a bowl and start to smash them with a fork.
4. Mix in some lemon juice.
5. The toast should be done now so scoop the mixture onto the toast and sprinkle salt on top.
Banana and Peanut Butter Toast
1. Pop the bread into the toaster.
2. When the bread is toasted spread a layer of peanut butter on it.
3. Slice up a banana and place the slices on top of the peanut butter.
Scrambled Eggs and Toast
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them with a fork.
2. Put some butter in a small frying pan and pour the eggs into the pan.
3. Mix in a three spoonfuls of cream cheese for extra flavor.
4. Cook eggs until you reach your desired texture.
5. Put a piece of bread in the toaster and add some butter.
6. Take the eggs off of the heat and top with salt.
Eggs in a Basket
1. Put some butter at the bottom of a medium-sized frying pan.
2. Cut a hole in your piece of bread and put it in the pan.
3. Crack the egg into the hole of the bread.
4. After 2-3 minutes flip it over so the other side can cook.
5. Wait another 2-3 minutes until the egg is cooked.
6. Sprinkle salt on top.
What's your favorite breakfast dish?